Patients in hospitals and residents in retirement homes and retirement villages are amongst the most vulnerable people in society, requiring regular assistance for everything from going to the bathroom to dealing with a fall. Unfortunately nurses and other care givers can’t always be near them whenever they need help but thanks to Nurse Call, a specialist patient communication system, they don’t have to be.
How It Works
Nurse call buttons (see image above left) and cords are installed throughout your hospital, retirement village or residential home at places where patients are at their most vulnerable, such as beside their bed and in the bathroom. When the patient needs help with anything they simply activate the nurse call to request assistance. Once activated the patient can communicate directly with a nurse (see image above right). The nurse is also alerted to the patient’s precise location on a monitor at the nurse’s station (see image below left) and through a light displayed above the entrance to the room. The patient can then quickly receive the care they need without any delays.
- Easy to use and install – Comes with a variety of buttons or cords to fit a variety of locations and the system can easily be activated by the most frail of patients
- Reassures patients and their family – Patients and their family no longer have to worry, that should help be required, they will be left lying in distress trying to call for help. Now all they have to do is gently activate the system in the knowledge that help is on its way
- Improves efficiencies and saves time – Thanks to the Nurse Call Monitor and the Nurse Call lights, once the system is activated the nurse or care giver instantly knows a patient requires help and exactly where they are located. Ensuring the patient is seen to immediately and saving precious time in an emergency
- Monitors and Records – The system monitors and records all patient requests and response times. This enables the Nurse Manager to monitor the requirements by ward, enabling better allocating of staff and other resources
- Multi functional – The system can also be used to record whenever the room is cleaned, maintenance is carried out and laundry has been changed.
- Designed for hospitals – All systems are designed to fit seamlessly into hospitals, retirement homes and retirement villages. It has also been hard wired to avoid interference with medical equipment.