Patients in hospitals and residents in retirement homes and retirement villages are amongst the most vulnerable people in society, requiring assistance for everything from going to the bathroom to dealing with a fall. Unfortunately, nurses and other care givers can’t always be near them whenever they need help. Now thanks to Nurse Call, an IP based patient communication system, they don’t have to be.
How It Works
Nurse call buttons (see image above left) and cords are installed throughout your hospital or residential home at places where patients are at their most vulnerable, such as beside their bed and in the bathroom. When the patient needs help, they simply press a button or pull a cord to request assistance. Once activated the patient can talk directly with a nurse (see image above right) and tell them what the problem is. The nurse is also alerted to the patient’s precise location on a monitor at the nurse’s station (see image below right) and through a light displayed above the entrance to the room (see image below left). The patient can then quickly receive the care they need without any delays.
- Easy to use and install – Comes with a variety of buttons or cords to fit a variety of locations. The system can also be easily activated by the frailest of patients
- Reassures patients and their family – Patients and their family no longer have to worry, that should help be required, they will be left unattended. Now they just have to activate the system and help will be on its way.
- Improves patient care and saves time – once the system is activated the Nurse Call Monitor and the Nurse Call lights indicate the patient’s exact location. This ensures the patient is seen to immediately and saves precious time in an emergency.
- Reduces Costs – The system monitors and records all patient requests and response times. This enables the Nurse Manager to monitor the requirements by ward, enabling better allocation of staff and obtaining significant cost savings.
- Multi-Functional – The system can also improve efficiencies within other departments. This is done by recording whenever the room is cleaned, maintenance is carried out and laundry has been changed.
- Designed for hospitals – All systems are designed to fit seamlessly into hospitals, retirement homes and retirement villages. It has also been hard wired to avoid interference with medical equipment.
At IntelliSEC we have extensive experience in installing Nurse Call in hospitals and retirement villages . We can support you no matter where you are in South Africa. We have branches in Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Richards Bay and Nelspruit.