Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd or simply Hikvision, is a Chinese manufacturer of electronic surveillance systems. They has been the world’s biggest video surveillance manufacturer (based on global sales) since 2010. At Intellisec we install and integrate a comprehensive range of products from Hikvision, who have awarded us Platinum Partner status. This affords us a high degree of preferential service and technical support.
Hikvision’s CCTV cameras and related surveillance systems consist of:
- Network IP cameras – range of bullet, dome and PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) network IP cameras in a variety of megapixels. Also available with video analytics that includes:
- Smart Feature-set – A variety of features that include P-Iris (enables depth of vision focus), Defog (allows the camera to see through fog or smoke) and EIS (prevents blurred images that are caused by wind shaking the camera)
- Behaviour analytics – These features enable the camera to intelligently identify problems such as line crossing, object removal and unattended baggage
- WDR (Wide dynamic range) cameras – specialist cameras that have been designed to provide clear, high definition images in challenging lighting conditions. This range consists of:
- DarkFighter X – The Darkfighter X (see image below left) is a low light night vision camera. It can magnify the limited light available in semi-dark conditions and use it to produce a colour image
- LightFighter – The Lightfighter can balance contrasting and conflicting light sources eg bright day light and dull artificial light. It can also compensate for shadows and sun spots, which enables it to provide a consistently clear picture
- Thermal cameras – specialist cameras that operate by detecting heat signatures. They are the only type of CCTV camera that can operate in complete darkness. Primarily used to monitor industrial machinery for potential problems and in remote locations, such as the perimeter of residential estates, on mining sites and on farms.
- Facial Recognition – Uses a specialist dual lens camera (see image above right) which takes a 3D scan of the contours of the face and only allows access if the face matches one of its saved profiles. The system has 99.9% verification success for all faces, including African faces. It is so accurate that it can’t be confused by photographs. The standard system can store up to 3,000 facial profiles and 5,000 fingerprints, while the more complex system can store up to 10,000 facial profiles.
- For extra security the facial access control system can be integrated with other cameras systems. For example, it can be integrated with an ANPR camera to provide double verification of car drivers. Using the Wiegand protocol, the facial access control system can also be integrated with other security systems like boom gates, turnstiles and access control readers.
- Video Management Software – Hikvision offer their own type of VMS called HikCentral. It offers features such as facial recognition, face matching and searching, people counting and ANPR. It also supports the ONVIF protocol, which means its compatible with most mainstream CCTV cameras.
At Intellisec we are proud to recommend Hikvision cameras and related products. They are quick and easy to install and can resolve most of clients surveillance problems. We can support you no matter where you are in South Africa. We have branches in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Richards Bay.