Biometric Access Control
Biometrics are physical features such as fingerprints, facial features, veins, iris and retinal patterns which are used for identification purposes. Biometric access control devices provide you with a quick but very secure means of controlling and restricting access. While passwords, pins and cards can all be lost or stolen, biometric data is unique to the individual and cannot easily be copied or forged.
Biometric access control devices are used for:
- Fever Screening – Some models can be used to identify the fever caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Building access – Can be customized by employee to only allow access during certain times or to particular sections.
- Health & Safety – Production lines and other industrial machinery can be safely secured for maintenance or cleaning, which helps prevents accidents and related incidents.
- Computer / software access – Adds an extra layer of security to protect sensitive company documents.
- Vehicle access – Can be used to secure dangerous company vehicles e.g. forklifts and cranes.
Facial Recognition / Facial Biometric Access
Facial recognition is the ultimate in secure and reliable identification. There are two main types available – a special dual lens camera (see image above right) or a reader (see image above left) that can be mounted on the wall, a turnstile or a boom gate . They work by taking a 3D scan of the contours of the eye sockets, nose and chin. The scan is compared to saved profiles and the manufacturer is reporting a 99.9% verification success on all complexions within 1-2 seconds.
A standard system can store up to 3,000 facial profiles while more complex systems can store up to 10,000 facial profiles. This storage capacity enables our clients to develop “white lists” of preferred personnel e.g. high-value customers and “black lists” of unwanted visitors e.g. criminals. This feature has proven to be very popular with hotels, banks and casinos.
No matter how big your organisation is or what type of industry you operate in, we have a wide variety systems that can be tailored to suit your particular needs and budget. We can support you no matter where you are in South Africa. We have branches in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth, Nelspruit and Richards Bay.