Gas Suppression Systems
Gas Suppression Systems are a very effective fire protection solution and the fastest and most effective way of extinguishing a fire.
How it works
When your fire detection system detects smoke or a fire it triggers the gas suppression system which instantly floods the area where the fire has been detected with inert gas (either carbon dioxide, nitrogen, argon, helium or a combination). The gas displaces the oxygen from the fire, instantly extinguishing it and ensuring it doesn’t restart. As such the system can only be used in enclosed spaces.
- Fastest way to extinguish a fire – can extinguish a fire faster than water, foam or dry chemicals
- Clean and non destructive – Unlike foam and water, a gas discharge is clean and leave no oily residues, water or corrosive materials. This ensures that equipment, stock or other precious items are not damaged and the business con quickly resume operations
- Safe to use around people and animals – The inert gases used are non toxic, non conductive, colourless, odourless and flavourless. They are also used at a concentration level designed not to cause suffocation in people and animals.
- Can be used all over South Africa – Gas suppression systems are fully self contained and are ideal for areas vulnerable to drought and low water pressure like the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Free State
- Ideal for critical infrastructure (such as server rooms, electrical switches and power distribution cabinets) and vulnerable facilities (medical and pharmaceutical facilities, storage facilities and art galleries)
Intellisec is registered and fully certified by the SAQCC (The South African Qualification & Certification Committee for the Fire Industry) to install and certify gas suppression systems. We also only use systems that use agents that conform to the SANS 14520 part 1, the Clean Agent Gas standard for South Africa. Download our flyer to know more